Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

Well, the way I see it. If he FUSES the SECONDARY side, and
the transformer BLOWS, it might still be a BAD NEUTRAL. At
this point, MY best GUESS is some kind of problem with the
SECONDARY wiring. But, I'm NOT THERE to check.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 19:52:06 -0500, Steve Turner

You NEED to fuse the secondary - then IF it is an overload
problem you
will just pop the fuse, and not the transformer. 24 volt, 35
VA = 1,5
amp FAST BLOW fuse.

If the fuse does not blow and the transformer does, it
PROVES, almost
beyond a doubt, that you have bad luck getting a good
transformer.

The other option is to closely monitor the primary current
and see
what you have.