Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

On 4/9/2011 2:58 PM, A. Baum wrote:
On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 14:41:05 -0500, Steve Turner wrote:

But measuring and
understanding the ramifications of current (amperage) is where I get a
little fuzzy. Would you help me out? That's why I came here.

I advised you the last time to measure the 24 volt circuit amperage draw
and convert that to the specs (volt-amps) of the transformer. If the draw
is out of bounds of the specs then the 24 volt circuit is the problem.
You can't put a band-aid on a bullet wound.

Yes, you did, and thanks for the suggestion. I've never used my meter to
measure amperage before, and I don't know how to do that conversion, but I will
study up on it.