Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default electric wire short on my Lawnmower

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 11:42:05 -0700 (PDT), Anthony
wrote:

The wire that leads to the switch on my lawn mower seems to have a
short. I press the start switch and nothing happens. I grab that wire
that leads to it and then press the switch and it starts. I am having
difficulty in finding that short..The first thing i look for is a torn
cover section which i do not see any of....any good way of finding
this that i have overlooked? Thanks

It's probably an open, and it confuses the situation when you assume
it's a short. Lots of people don't know the difference.