Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

On 4/8/2011 8:52 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
A continuation of the "Why does the 115V-24V transformer keep blowing
on my Trane XB80?" discussion I started on 04/02/2011.

Yep, My A/C unit blew another transformer. Pictures (and wiring diagram)
he

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboye...7626457562742/

Trane's manual for the unit is here (for perhaps better viewing of the
wiring diagrams that I also copied to my above flickr site as jpg images):

It would seem to me that you are going to have to get yet another
transformer. Put a fuse on the primary, 1/2 A I would think. Slow blow,
perhaps less.

Then I'd check a couple things.

Note where it says that the integrated controller is polarity
sensitive. Check to make sure it is correct.

Then I would look to see if anything looks overheated on the
integrated controller.

I doubt it is any of the motors as those probably all run on line
voltage.

Jeff

http://www.trane.com/webcache/un/fur...7_04012009.pdf