Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Feeding solar power back into municipal grid: Issues and finger-pointing

Bruce Richmond wrote in
:

But still - you can't push more electricity onto a network than the
load is asking for (given that your invertors are functioning
correctly I guess).

Actually you can and do as I understand it. To pump power into the
grid you supply a slightly higher voltage than what is in the line.
When spread over all the loads on the grid the change in voltage is
next to nothing. If enough inputs are made by others the voltage will
rise, and it is allowed to so long as it stays within a certain
range. If it is going to go too high it is up to the utility to
reduce the input at sources they control.

I have no idea how it works exactly, but here in North Jersey PSE&G has
been putting up solar panels on their (I think) utility poles. Each one
is maximum 200 Watts at 110V, feeding directly into the grid the poles
carry. This is a link + picture in another town not too far away (1 line):
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2..._solar_panels_
o.html
or:
http://tinyurl.com/3dvgy7r