Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

Agree, sounds like electrical problem, and the OP isn't
quite skilled enough to find it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

The problem with that theory is that the 120V circuit that
supplies
power
to the transformer also powers the rest of the furnace, ie
the inducer
blower, main blower, etc. If it were getting 240V, one
would think by
now one of those other components would have failed. Also,
with
240V it would be delivering 48V to the logic board, which
one would
think would have opened a fuse on it or destroyed some
electronics
by now.

I can't say I can make much sense of what is going on
either. But
until someone with some basic electric skills capable of
taking
some measurements looks at it, I doubt we're gonna fix it by
remote analysis.