Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] fabian_hartery@yahoo.ca is offline

Default Stark 9-66 tube tester repair

This what happens when you are too old to be new? I confess... I never
heard of spool resistors before but the concept makes sense to me in a
circuit. You see, I am of the age of select on test when 'only one
certain part' will do. To those souls out there... you understand the
process of dating before marriage.

I have restored TO's for the most part so I am in the breed of novice
to you guys. I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. I only see
four though. Two may be considered as doubles being wound on the same
phenolic core?

Unfortunately that won't work for this pot. It was made with a special
taper and only an original will work.

I do have this pot physically apart. It does seems like a linear taper
and the install says it electrically works fine. Accuracy? This maybe
a hung jury here based on these comments. The scale is linear but
given a wet towel snap on what I thought were inductors... anything is
possible.

Thanks for your input all.