Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default How long can a TV extension cable be?

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 20:35:42 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

..... Of possibly you had some physical stress on
the cable (kink, crush, fold etc) that was impairing its performance,
and moving it has released that.

Well, indeed, the cable *was* kinked somewhat at the point it turned a
right-angle, then lay along (parallel to) the eaves. That is, the
cable was laid loose (resting on the plasterboard of the ceiling
beneath) until the right-angle, and at that point the installer had
secured the cable with a cable clip, then turned it through 90 deg to
go under the eaves. However, if that was an electrical cable it would
not affect anything, so is an aerial cable different (more
susceptible) in this respect? Of course, I am well pleased with my
stint in the loft this afternoon, 'cos I had visions of chasing a new
cable route down the wall, since the cable appears to be a tight as a
duck's arse inside the conduit down to the living room.

MM