Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default How long can a TV extension cable be?

In article , MM
scribeth thus
That is, the cable from the back of the TV to the wall plate.

I need to watch the TV in the annexe which has no wall plate, so I
could run an extension from, say, the kitchen's wall plate. But what
is the limit to the length and would I need some sort of booster?

The aerial is currently driving a 14"analogue (CRT) Sony portable, but
will soon be connected to an LCD TV.

MM

Depends on what the signal level is like at the wallplate. If a decent
level already then it may well be fine over some 10's of feet if your in
a not that good area to start with then perhaps not.

Best if to try it and see amplifier less, ands if it goes noisy add an
amp but at the driving end of the cable else you'll -amplify- the losses
too;!..

Do use a decent double screened cable such as CT100 or similar..
--
Tony Sayer