Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Roof tile glue to repair recently cracked clay re-roof tiles(does it exist?)

On Apr 8, 3:12*pm, Aaron FIsher wrote:

Did we come to a consensus as to which glue will:
a) Be strong enough to hold porous tile together
b) Be quick-drying enough to set in a minute or two (while being hand
held)
c) Be durable enough to last the heat and cold cycles on the roof

My guys use plain ol' roofing asphalt. It doesn't need to set that
quickly, the tile is just sitting there.

My tiles tend to crack/break across their width, so slapping some
asphalt on both pieces is easy and they don't have to remove the
fastened top of the tile.

No problems with their technique over 15 years.
-----

- gpsman