Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

On Apr 8, 9:05*pm, dpb wrote:
On 4/8/2011 8:44 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Steve Turner wrote:
A continuation of the "Why does the 115V-24V transformer keep blowing
on my Trane XB80?" discussion I started on 04/02/2011.

... Buy one of hevier one(bigger size and really heavier in
weight than stock) If it blows again, something on the load side is wrong.

I'd venture something is already wrong...

--

Put a voltmeter on the secondary side and measure the voltage when it
is not running. THen turn on the AC and see what the secondary