Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Should metal chimney liners be grounded against lightning strikes?

The liners I installed, three is no way the flue gasses get
hot enough to start a fire. Actually, the water heaters use
single wall 26 gage galvanized duct before we put the liners
in. Not gonna start any fires.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Hank" wrote in message

Tell that to my friend who lost his house when the
installers put a
screw thru the lining. Also, when a chimney, esp. metal
ones, build up
creosote and catch fire, they get really really hot. Ever
seen one on
fire? I have seen quite a few since I am a retired
firefighter of 28
years. They get red hot and sound like a jet engine.

If you put screws thru the liner, you did it wrong.

Hank