Posted to sci.electronics.repair
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default HDTV has no sound

On Mar 27, 6:13*pm, wrote:
*+- It sounds like you need to go to the menu and turn your speakers to "On."

*+-I agree.

Nope. Turned them (mute) on and off. Only when I turn them to max do I have a
faint sound on the headsets, but not (yes, I remved the headset) the speakers.

SOmething burned out. But before I open it to hunt, what is the likeliest?

Did this ever work? If not, why did you not contact the manufacturer
within warranty?

Assuming the typical headphone jack setup where insertion of the
headphone plug disconnects the speakers from the amplifier, my guess
is that there is something wrong with the headphone jack or its
wiring. The faint sound you're getting (in both ears?) from the
headphones sounds to me that instead of being connected to left and
ground and right and ground, it is connected between left and right.
Open it up, look for obvious short circuits or open circuits, check
continuity.