Renata

Default Thoughts On Why We Are Getting Our Ass Kicked

Was just reading about the latest budget proposal.
He's cutting some social programs, that amount to a teeny part of the
budget.
He's cutting money to first responders (police, fire).
He's increasing defense, but we're still gung ho on gee whiz technical
marvels that are next to useless on the kind of fights we're likely to
be engaged in.
Oh, and of course, the tax cuts need to be permanent, even though they
were supposed to be a stimulus to get the economy moving again.

Renata

On 07 Feb 2004 12:28:06 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Phil writes:

Try to educate people on real economics, not politics, not lies they have
been told. Vote to shrink government.

Yeah, wellllllllll...I thought that was what some people had done with Shrub.
He was going to downsize government.

IIRC, the last report indicated that he's presided over the largest increase in
history...and much of it is bloat. Homeland Security is going to come back to
haunt taxpayers over the next few decades.

Charlie Self
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you
nothing. It was here first." Mark Twain

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html