Renata

Default Thoughts On Why We Are Getting Our Ass Kicked

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 06:09:01 +0000, gabriel wrote:

Doug Winterburn wrote:

This is not a new concept... I would buy it if everyione had started
demanding health care in recent years. What is truly happening is
health care cost is going up, with benefits going down. How do you
explain that?

Lawyers.

Nice try, but not true. In most states (all states?) you cannot even sue
an HMO (Can HMOs have politicians any more in their pocket?).

It is explained by two things mainly:

1) Higher drug costs,

2) Longer drug patent terms, which keep high drug costs for a longer time.
As soon as generics come out, drug prices plummet.

And a lot more use of the much larger variety of expensive drugs.

Renata