Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Snake Oil?

John Stumbles wrote:
On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 15:29:37 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

The full article shows in some detail that a statistically valid
correlation between average levels of salt consumption above a gram a
day and an average increase in blood pressure has been found, especially
showing that chronically high salt consumption causes inceasing blood
pressure with age.

Correlation =/= causation

Though if I were prone to high blood pressure I'd adopt the precautionary
principle. (Maybe it's connected with me not using a lot of salt that I'm
not prone to high BP?)

Heck neither do I and mine was sky high.

'runs in the family' etc.