Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Fernco coupling okay for underground sewer pipe?

On Apr 8, 2:08*am, wrote:
On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 10:23:38 -0400, "RogerT"
wrote:

I am going to be replacing a small section of underground sewer pipe that
runs from the front of my house toward the street. *The existing underground
sewer pipe is 4-inch cast iron. *I will be using PVC to replace the line
from the front of my house and connecting to that sewer line about 5 feet
out.

Can I use a Fernco coupling to connect the new PVC to the old underground
cast iron sewer pipe?

If not, how is that type of connection usually made?

Wrap about 200 layers of duct tape around them. *I saw this on one of
them redneck home improvement shows. *They ran a pipe from the
outhouse pit to the kids swimming pool so the pool would get filled up
for the kids. *I guess they said the bathtub was plugged in their
trailer house so they needed a place to wash the kids, the huntin
dogs, and a place to clean blood out of the dead possums then dun
shot. *Maybe it was the Red Green shown I dont recall. *

Pretty common to butt the two pipes together and mix up a couple of
bags of Sakrete and dump it on the joint.

Jimmie