B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Aligning table saw -- how close is close enough?

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:32:13 -0500, Roy Smith wrote:

I just measured the blade plate. I know you're supposed to measure the
same tooth front and back, but it's really difficult to move the blade
by hand and have it end up in the right place because of the belts. Is
this really a critical issue?

Yes! What if one tooth you chose is bent,a nd another isn't? Also,
some blades have more set in the teeth than others, choosing different
teeth on opposite set sides may mess you up. If you use the same
tooth, it dosen't matter.

At these "close enough"? Are they worth worrying about to try and get
better or will I just end up chasing a level of precision that's not
practical to achieve?

How does it cut wood? That's my final measurement, and the one that
really counts in my opinion.

Barry