Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Stop heydon windfrm..

On Apr 8, 11:06*am, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,

*Huge wrote:
On 2011-04-08, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 23:05:47 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

I always knew Bliar was a liar. I'm begining to have a few suspicions
about Cameron.

Only suspicions?

That joke about how you can tell a politician is lying? (His mouth is
moving).

It isn't a joke.

Unfortunately this is an expected trend. Back when, politicians were
self-supporting and more trustworthy. Yes, yes, I know they were toffs
but so what, eh? They had a public service ethic. This was also true on
the Labour side (they weren't toffs but they were still trustworthy and
gentlemen).

Then along comes that nice Mr Wilson, and in the chase after
"trendiness", as aped later by Blair, he decides that he'll make Labour
appear modern and forward thinking (as opposed to those fuddy duddy old
tories) by having politicians become professional and properly paid.

Professionals is now what we've got, and our present-day attitude to
them follows as night follows day.

--
Tim

nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted" *-- *Bill of Rights 1689

They have forgotten that not everybody works for money.
Though I suppose there are fewer now than previously.