Charlie Self

Default Thoughts On Why We Are Getting Our Ass Kicked

Joe WIllman writes:

I have several friends that are doctors. One, an othopedic surgeon, has
had his after tax income go down continually for the past 10 years. He
showed me his tax forms. 10 years ago his AGI was about $350K. Last
year it was $250K. He works twice as many hours as he used to but has
less after taxes.

He's got less BEFORE taxes, too, which seems to be the primary reason he has
less AFTER taxes.

The money isn't going to the health care people. It is being swallowed
by overhead and taxes.

And not all of it, not even most, is government. Check out insurance company
requirements. 500 different insurance companes. 497 different forms to fill
out, each one requiring an amazing degree of experience and patience. These are
not government forms. These are insurance company forms.

Oh, be sure and vote for Edwards. A trial lawer, he will fix it for us!

Probably not. Do you think Shrub will?

Charlie Self
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you
nothing. It was here first." Mark Twain

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html