Posted to uk.d-i-y
Charlie Charlie is offline

Default RCD repeatedly tripping

On Apr 7, 7:08*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message

I would expect its the electrician with his nuts on the block here.
If the landlord acted in good faith - got a pro in promptly, then he
is beyond reproach. He can't be realistically expected to have the
skills or knowledge to go and double check the work of the
electrician. Its only luck in this case that he does, coupled with
the electrician admitting to not having done the job asked.

The landlord needs to act though, he knows of the danger and will be
responsible if something happens.

The landlord has acted. He asked a question on this newsgroup and he got
some good answers. The fact that part of the question was about about the
competence of the electrician he employed are relevant. I cannot see the
landlord leaving his house in this situation for long.

The electrician also needs seeing to, but the problem needs to be
made safe ASAP.

Indeed it needs to be made safe, but not by the cowboy electrician who has
already looked at the installation.

Just removing the MCB would be enough to make it safe in most cases.

--
Adam

Electrician is coming asap - will post back when it's sorted.