Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Security System Question: Creating a Wireless Link to Old Panel

"frank1492" wrote in message
I have an old Ademco panel with dry closure contacts that is part of
hardwired system. I would like to be able to add a couple of
wireless
devices to this panel. What I am looking for is a wireless receiver
with dry closure relay that I can attach to this panel with a simple
2-wire connection. Then I will propose to add other items such as
wireless vibration sensors that can communicate with the panel.
Who makes these? I have looked at the Ademco and other sites but
don't seem to find anything that will work universally with
old-style
panels. Surely somebody must make one.
Help much appreciated!
Frank

You may need to get a new panel which has wireless and also has hard
wired connections. These are programmed. Be sure you can get all the
programming documentation / installation manual and can do this via
the keypad before buying.

Might try poking around or asking here...
http://www.basshome.com