Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Running main bonding conductor

I am sure my customers would be delighted to see me clip a 10mm
green/yellow down the wall when doing a rewi-)

Who says you need to use green/yellow cable? And might that also just
possibly be the answer to the original question?

Reg. 522.6.6 (about the zones) only applies to "A cable concealed in a
wall ...."

IIRC ('cos I'm too mean an amateur to have bought the regs.) the
regulations for the main equipotential bonding (544.1) specify a
conductor but don't require it to be a "cable". As I can't find a
definition of cable I assume it takes its ordinary meaning, so if you
use
something that's clearly not cable as the conductor - eg copper pipe or
lightning conductor strip? - for the main equipotential bonding then

Of course it might be a bit of a challenge to fit copper pipe into the
MET and clamp it to the water pipe though I'm sure I'd find someone here
to tell me what to do )

That said, I suspect I'd fail the unwritten "no bloody smart-arse
shed-lawyer solutions"
regulation

--
Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com