Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default Solar Panels - change of views on this NG?

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 07/04/2011 11:06, tim.... wrote:
"John wrote in message
On 06/04/2011 21:22, Tim Streater wrote:

Yup agreed, however I was actually thinking of the cases where you buy
the
kit outright on the understanding that you make enough profit if you get
paid 43p/kwh for 25 years.

You don't get a deal like that.

You get a deal whereby the installer installs, you pay him and he walks
away.

The amount that you get back (from the leccy co/government) is a "risk",
that you take.

That's a long time in the energy supply business, and to suddenly find
that
after 7 years your FIT payer vanishes, and you are back to saving grid
cost
per kwa, you would probably never see a payback.

the FIT payer is the government

I was under the impression it came via the lekky company? Still if its the
gov, then we know we can trust them to never go back on the deal!

Well it does come from the leccy company but it's "guaranteed" by the
government.

see my previous comment about this guarantee

tim