Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Salvaging a Garage door torsion-spring

g.com...
On 2011-04-05 12:49:59 -0400, "dadiOH" said:

If you lived in central Florida you could just put it out by the street
and someone would steal it within a couple of hours. I get rid of all
sorts of stuff that way, gotta drag an old fiberglass jon boat that
someone left on my property down there pretty soon.

Things are tough all over -- today was trash day (we have recycling
pick-up every OTHER week) and I noticed a heavily-laden old Chevy pickup
truck cruising the cans on my street. Not the first time, either!

(N.B. I've got plenty of partcle board for disposable jigs from a
entertainment center somebody left on the street, too -- just not from MY
neighborhood. GRIN)

Toledo Ohio about late 1960s we'd get an "all you can drag to the curb day"
a few times a year. Folks would be out all night cruising neighborhoods with
a kid hanging out a window spotlighting the curb.