Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Fernco coupling okay for underground sewer pipe?

"RogerT" wrote in message
I am going to be replacing a small section of underground sewer pipe that
runs from the front of my house toward the street. The existing
underground sewer pipe is 4-inch cast iron. I will be using PVC to replace
the line from the front of my house and connecting to that sewer line about
5 feet out.

Can I use a Fernco coupling to connect the new PVC to the old underground
cast iron sewer pipe?

If not, how is that type of connection usually made?

There is one that is code approved for concealed locations and burial. I
always have to ask at the supply house to be sure I get the right one. I
think it is the one with the full metal sleeve but you better ask some one
in your area just to be safe.

Colbyt