Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Salvaging a Garage door torsion-spring

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 01:29:15 -0400, wrote:

Lobby Dosser wrote:
wrote in message
.com...
Bill wrote:
I just happen to have this 32" torsion spring with a 2" i.d. left over
from an obvious home repair. I placed it in the garbage, at first,
but I retrieved it--in case it may be valuable! ; )

Seriously, is it material suitable for making any sort of wood cutter?
If it is, I think I can get a lot of 'em out of the spring!

Maybe you could make some sort of catapult and use it for disposing of
things the trash men won't take. Like dead cats

That's what the beefy plastic bags are made for ...

For disguising the cats or as freezer bags? What about the tail? ; )

There's an idea. Triplebag the dead cats in your freezer, putting
them out only the night before pickup so they don't give themselves
away by smelling up the can.

LOL - How many do you have???

If only we had more Asian restaurants in town...

--
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for
anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one