Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT-Kinda: Ordering Parts and Shipping Cost

In article , says...

On 4/6/2011 9:06 AM, Leon wrote:
"Lobby wrote in message
wrote in message

Logistics. Less trouble and less expensive to use a single company that
will pick up on a daily basis than to hand deliver to the shippers
location, if the size of the package you got is the exception.

USPS will pick up - even at residences.

Which proves my point, you would have to send some one to the post office,

No, it says exactly the opposite -- U_S_PS _also_ has onsite pickup
either on call or scheduled.

and iroically the post office does not deliver to every home.

Agreed, they don't deliver to the house here, because we choose to use a
PO Box rather than have a rural box...

However, I don't know that there's any residence in the US which doesn't
get USPS service that would choose to do so altho there are very rural
areas out here that have rural delivery routes that run 3 days/wk, for
example, rather than daily since they may be a 200-mile round route w/ a
half-dozen ranches total. If they want/need it quicker, there are
self-access boxes at the PO that are 24/7 accessible.

A friend of mine gets US mail but it comes to a box that's about a half
a mile down the hill from his house. The house is on a paved road, and
there are other houses on the same road that have the same arrangement.

There was a similar deal at my parents' house in Florida.

This is fine for paying the electric bill but it's not so good if you're
trying to run a business that involves shipping product.

UPS always delivers to the door and picks up at the door.