Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Wireless mics and small PA for speaker meetings

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article
,
Tabby wrote:
On Apr 5, 12:25 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
Tabby wrote:

You sure don't need audiophile kit for speech.

I might debate that - but in any case all recent amps are made for
general purpose use. Many years ago you might have saved a bit on the
output transformer on a valve amp by downgrading the spec. Not really
relevant with solid state.

Audiophile equipment certainly isnt the norm for speech reinforcement.

What do you mean by audiophile? To me it often means, err, peculiar views
like analogue sounding better than digital (as a principle) and expensive
snake oil products like fancy wiring.

Perhaps you don't object to poor quality speech. But even the railways
seem to have acknowledged decent quality helps at even a noisy station.

Any average 30w/channel home stereo should be adequate.

Depends on the size of the venue and the SPL required. Same as any PA
system. The speakers don't need as good an LF response as would be ideal
for music, though. That's about the only real saving.

Its a bunch of ****ed hippies in the back room of a pub

Well, you know what I mean (sounds like fun)

Not a bunch of audiophiles listening for a dip in spectral response

--
geoff