Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless mics and small PA for speaker meetings

In article ,
Skipweasel wrote:
In article ,
says...
Perhaps you don't object to poor quality speech. But even the railways
seem to have acknowledged decent quality helps at even a noisy station.

I sold a load of PA kit to a supermarket once - it was still being built
and I worked for Rediffusion. It was a lovely setup - lots of small
speakers, each not too loud but good even coverage.

Got over-ruled by their designer "who know about these things" and
replaced the whole lot with half a dozen big speakers.

It only takes a modicum of common sense to know that lots of smaller
speakers closer to the 'audience' than a few large ones will give the
best results.

The only exception tends to be where the 'live' sound will still be heard
(and seen, as it were) where the timing and direction are important. Like
in a pop concert.

--
*I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.