Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Ikea Wooden shelving - OTish question

The Night Tripper wrote:

many of you will know the cheap & cheerful Ikea 'Gorm' wooden shelving,
useful for garage storage etc.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30058508

Now IIRC Ikea changed the design of this some years ago - the newer stuff is
significantly lighter weight than the original, with smaller screws etc.

What I'm not sure about is if the older stuff had the same name (Gorm), or a
different one. I'd like to find some old stuff to match what I currently
have, and am not sure if I need to search for a dffereent term.

The old stuff was Sten. Definitely much better than the
value-engineered replacement.

Good hunting ;-)

Chris
--