Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default Japan Nuclear Problem

In article ,
Bolted wrote:
On Apr 5, 11:10*pm, Bolted wrote:

Past tense? *It's feed and bleed. *With water that is 5.4 billion Bq/
kg at the outlet.

Forgot to cite source (rather than just blowing out of my hole):

http://www.meti.go.jp/press/2011/04/...10405007-4.pdf

That was I-131, Cs is 1.8. Obviously it's going into a big ocean,
thankfully.

I can't read the Japanese document you posted, but AIUI the point
of wanting to dump the low level waste water is to give them space
to store the highly I and Cs contaminated water which I think you're
referring to and which is currently leaking out through pipes and crack(s)
(chiefly from the basement and containment of unit 2, which it's long been
admitted is probably breached and we now know is leaking like a sieve).
These are the radionucleides being detected in the sea, I believe.
I'd welcome a translation of your doc if it suggests otherwise to you.

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)