Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Lead acid repair

In message
,
Tabby writes
I expect to be disassembling some SLAs very soon to rebuild, since I
can't get what I'm looking for commercially. Any tips on case
disassembly with SLAs? Or on minimum plate thickness for SLAs that
will see vibration in use?

Well, it's a shame that there are no answers because my son has just
brought me two 12 volt sealed lead acid batteries to look at.
I put them on my old traditional transformer + rectifier charger and
they pull about 2 amps in, settle back off-charge at about 10 volts, and
one section in the middle seems to be hotter than the surrounding area.

So, I'd be interested in any info as well.
--
Bill