Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another John Another John is offline

Default Stop heydon windfrm..

In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

http://www.stopheydonwindfarm.com/html/Index.html

Hahahahaha. Rumbled.
"It is likely that the value of our houses will plummet and become
difficult to sell"

With all the other reasons, some valid, some spurious, there is the rub.

OK. And who can blame him? Come on, Grimly old chap!

I have a sneaking suspicion that (as TNP often claims) "wind power" is
grossly over-rated -- just a gut feeling, based largely on the the fact
that a lot of fairly unsavoury people/corporations are getting rich on
our taxes. The whole idea is not so much power-full, as it's
green-looking.

OTOH, I know several people who say "Well actually I quite like the look
of them... better than those horrible pylons..."

Which about sums up how informed the general public are, about this
"debate". It's not a debate: it's like a lot of other things these days:
it's a raucous argument between two entrenched parties, one of which
has deeply vested interests (namely: cash), and both of whom employ
lobbyists. Lobbyists don't debate: they shout at each other, while at
the same time seizing the ear of those in power. Unfortunately, money
talks these days louder than it ever did; and who has the money? "a lot
of fairly unsavoury people/corporations"

Also unfortunately I, you, and many of the rest of us here in this
group, will be dead by the time people start referring snortingly to the
fact that "that old wind power scam turned out to be a lot of hot air".
No doubt by then the *same* corporations will be being paid taxpayers'
money to demolish these horrendously expensive monstrosities.

John