Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default OT-Kinda: Ordering Parts and Shipping Cost

On Apr 5, 2:03*pm, dpb wrote:
On 4/5/2011 12:07 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Here's the catch, some will not ship USPS because you can't track the
shipment....

That's not so at least in the US...just got a small gizmo from Tool Barn
via USPS and it had tracking number that showed when it arrived at local PO.

Maybe they lose tracking at the border with Canada? I'm not sure.

And, I'm in agreement that for stuff that they can handle, they're at
least as trustworthy as far as handling and as reliable as UPS.

I think it's all that the big-volume guys only want to deal w/ one
shipper, period, simply to minimize their logistics. *

The couriers make volume deals with the big shippers like Amazon.

That whole S & H scam is just that, in many cases a scam.
"Free toothbrush, S&H $ 16.00.