Posted to rec.woodworking
chaniarts[_2_] chaniarts[_2_] is offline

Default Salvaging a Garage door torsion-spring

dadiOH wrote:
Bill wrote:
I just happen to have this 32" torsion spring with a 2" i.d. left
over from an obvious home repair. I placed it in the garbage, at
first, but I retrieved it--in case it may be valuable! ; )

Seriously, is it material suitable for making any sort of wood
cutter? If it is, I think I can get a lot of 'em out of the spring!

Maybe you could make some sort of catapult and use it for disposing of
things the trash men won't take. Like dead cats

that begs the question: why won't they take dead cats? i put dead pack rats
in my trash can (not the recycling one though).

(or not so dead, as my wife found out one night as she was making the late
night deposit, which was the last time she ever did so)