Posted to rec.woodworking
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Salvaging a Garage door torsion-spring

In article
"dadiOH" writes:
Drew Lawson wrote:

I'm digging out a 6' steel pole ('70s style satellite dish post)
in the back yard, and I have no idea what I'll do with it when it
is out of the ground.

If you lived in central Florida you could just put it out by the street and
someone would steal it within a couple of hours. I get rid of all sorts of
stuff that way, gotta drag an old fiberglass jon boat that someone left on
my property down there pretty soon.

That's how I get rid of lots of semi-useless stuff, but in the
pick-up sense rather than stealing. Our house is on a common
cut-through-the-neighborhoods path, so things with a "free" sign
don't last long. (I have an extra string trimmer I need to put
out. Any mechanic could probably make it run, but I'm no mechanic.)

We aren't in a wealthy area, but definitely a "not hurting" part
of town, so some people seem to make intentional shopping trips
around trash day. That's especially true in better weather.

--
Drew Lawson | "But the senator, while insisting he was not