Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo[_2_] Geo[_2_] is offline

Default Wireless mics and small PA for speaker meetings

On 4 Apr 2011 08:40:04 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

We could do with a bit of
amplification so people at the back of the room (where there's also a
certain amount of noise intruding from the rest of the pub) can hear
properly. We could really do with a headset type of microphone (the sort
you see high-powered Merkin 'motivational speakers' using :-)) for the
speaker and a hand-held for the person doing the introductions and for
taking questions from the audience; preferably both wireless. And
speakers (audio type), obviously, and electronics to connect up.

As everyone else is saying that you cannot afford "real" radio
microphone(s), may I (somewhat timidly) suggest that you might be able
to hack together a laptop with bluetooth USB dongle, cheap PC speakers
and a bluetooth headset.

CPC have this microphone thing for a PS3 - Order Code: CS20336 - don't
know if it works with anything else.

An alternative to the laptop /might/ be the Belkin Bluetooth music
receiver Order Code:CS19528