Tom Watson

Default Thoughts On Why We Are Getting Our Ass Kicked

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 05:48:47 GMT, "Upscale"
wrote:

The answer is a change of attitude and the controlling of greed.

If there is "An Answer", it is a change in concept, back to a previous
concept that we all shared, through education and enculturation.

We were, once upon a time, taught "Citizenship". We learned that we
were a part of a whole.and that we had both rights and
responsibilities.

I hear a lot of people making a lot of noise about "rights' but I do
not hear a concomittent outcry regarding "responsibilities".

At some point we were all convinced that we had become "Consumers",
who have no responsibilities and who have only rights.

We must again engage the burdens and blessings of Citizenship and
perform our natural function in the Polis.

Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.)
(Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/