Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Roller cleaner cleaner

Steve B wrote:
I have two of those rollers that look like a paint roller that have
the sticky surfaces. I use them to clean my pool table. I have
difficulty getting them clean. I use dish soap, and it makes them
passable, but I can still see gunge and hair on there. I'm not going
to take the time to pick it off, and it is sticky after cleaning,
just think it could be a bit cleaner.

Any magic solution to clean these things with?

I don't think you can. The crap is stuck. You can mechanically remove it
(tweezers, etc.), but anything that will chemically loosen the bond will
probably destroy the stickiness of the roller.

You might try the Pledge Fabric Sweeper
http://www.pledge.com/fabric-sweeper/

For the life of me, I can't figure out how the damn thing works, but works
it does. At least for cat fur.