Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default OT-Kinda: Ordering Parts and Shipping Cost

"RonB" wrote ...
I cannot figure out how some companies determine how deliveries are
managed. I just received a switch for our Nordictrac treadmill about
20 minutes ago. Low-end switch with a $3 price tag plus $7 shipping.
It came UPS! I checked the tracking about the time he pulled in the
driveway and when he handed it to me it was its 11th transaction. The
package was a small padded envelope about the 2/3 size of a deck of
cards. Even the UPS guy said he didn't understand why they didn't put
a stamp on it.

I hear ya.

I had to track down and buy some small electronic components recently.
These things will fit into the palm of your hand or in an envelope. They
are hard to find, can not be purchased locally and are only carried by a
couple companies. Some of these guys want $8 - $15 for shipping and
handling. At least some one else is paying for it. Three of the items cost
less than the shipping.