Posted to rec.woodworking
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default Salvaging a Garage door torsion-spring

In article
"Lobby Dosser" writes:
"Bill" wrote in message
I just happen to have this 32" torsion spring with a 2" i.d. left over from
an obvious home repair. I placed it in the garbage, at first, but I
retrieved it--in case it may be valuable! ; )

You don't recycle where you live?

I recycle where I live, but I've never lived anywhere that the
recycling pickup/dropoff would take steel other than food cans.

I'm digging out a 6' steel pole ('70s style satellite dish post)
in the back yard, and I have no idea what I'll do with it when it
is out of the ground.

--
Drew Lawson | Though it's just a memory,