Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Moulding/Trim Question

In article , Kate
wrote:

On 4/4/2011 3:20 PM, Colbyt wrote:
wrote in message
I have white trim throughout my home. My kitchen cabinets are
called Opal Oak which is a pinkish white color. I will be replacing them
with a medium cinnamon-oak colored cabinet.

I am at a loss as to whether I should keep the trim white, or just make it
a medium oak color in the kitchen so it matches the bottoms of the
cabinets.

In a way, I think the trim (in the kitchen) will look odd being a medium
oak color because my family room is part of the kitchen area and it will
has white trim now.

Would white trim look bad if my kitchen cabinets are a medium oak color?

Any feedback if greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Kate

Most but not all of the decorators I worked with over the years thought that
trim should be one unified color throughout the home. Exceptions were made
for a man cave paneled study but otherwise they held true to that .

My personal take is do what you want.

I am leaning towards keeping the white trim. I have medium oak vanities
in my bathrooms and they have a white trim around the bottoms.
I guess I never noticed it before because you don't see the trim unless
you are in the bathtub or shower. It really does look nice.

Thanks.

There are 12,415 shades of white. Which one you gonna choose? I ain't no
interior designer, but maybe get one that's subtly tinted to the color
of the cabinets?