Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default DTV question [minor]

On Apr 4, 3:32*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 4/4/2011 2:29 PM Ian Field spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
rs.com...

On 4/4/2011 2:13 PM Ian Field spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
ers.com...

Does someone here *actually know* how this information is
handled, propagated, etc?

Various DVB-T faults get discussed on uk.tech.digital-tv so you
could try asking there.

You use the term "DVB-T" as if that's supposed to mean something to
me. I'd never heard this term before.

OK, so it appears to be a *prospective* worldwide DTV
standards-setting body. (Looks suspiciously like yet another
Euro-standard being pushed on us, but never mind.)

But is this even applicable to the US? Not sure, even after reading
this, with no mention of DVB-T applying to us:

http://www.dvb.org/about_dvb/dvb_worldwide/usa

In any case, I'm still looking forward to someone *here* who has at
least an inkling of how textual program information is handled
*here* (the US, where I live).

You don't seem very grateful for the attempts to help you, so I think I've
reached the limit of what I can do for you.

Well, you haven't been very helpful, so I guess we're even.

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

* *yo
* *wassup
* *nuttin
* *wan2 hang
* *k
* *where
* *here
* *k
* *l8tr
* *by

- from Usenet (what's *that*?)

Go read this as it should help you get started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSIP