Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Moulding/Trim Question

On 4/4/2011 8:02 AM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
I have white trim throughout my home. My kitchen cabinets are
called Opal Oak which is a pinkish white color. I will be replacing them
with a medium cinnamon-oak colored cabinet.

I am at a loss as to whether I should keep the trim white, or just make it
a medium oak color in the kitchen so it matches the bottoms of the
cabinets.

In a way, I think the trim (in the kitchen) will look odd being a medium
oak color because my family room is part of the kitchen area and it will
has white trim now.

Would white trim look bad if my kitchen cabinets are a medium oak color?

Any feedback if greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Kate

Define "bad".

Are you building this for yourself, or for the satisfaction of friends,
neighbors, and your lovely in-laws?

Some people like white trim with wood colored cabinets. Others don't. It's
all up to you. YOU go find some at an interior decorator shop or HD, and
look at it and see if it looks "bad" to YOU. Remember, like bathroom
floors, spend a little more because you're going to be looking at it for a
long long time.

"Bad" to me would be some combinations of puce, lime, and yellow with a
little industrial red and blue thrown in for effect.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Thanks Steve. I like your idea of visiting some of the cabinet stores, etc.