Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate[_5_] Kate[_5_] is offline

Default Moulding/Trim Question

On 4/4/2011 8:09 AM, Steve B wrote:
You have a good point - I am the one who will have to live with it.
I think either way will be OK, but I always like different opinions.
I need to bring in friends, and not online folks who can't see the total
layout.

Thanks for your input.

And remember that friends always don't have a designer background. My wife
used to be in charge of interiors at the old Sands Hotel in Las Vegas. She
can explain that "you need to have light/dark colors in this situation, need
to have lateral lines to accentuate the room, need to use patterns to break
up the angularity", things like that I have no idea what she's talking
about, and neither would the normal person. I am in my third remodel now in
ten years. At the time, I gripe about changes, and some of her ideas, but
when the job is done, I have to admit that all three have turned out really
nice. We have had builder friends over for dinner, and they ask, "Where did
you get this? or "What gave you this idea?"

Normal people just look at the overall effect, and if it is in their
favorite colors, they like it. Finding someone with a little design
background gives you the in depth answer you are seeking, and most often
than not, there's someone like that at even the Home Depots and Lowe's who
can show you some options you might not have even thought of. There's a
lot more to it than colors.

Steve

Like you Steve, I don't understand all the jargon either. But, I do
very well with interior decorating and help a lot of my friends.
For some reason, this one has me stumped.

Thanks.