Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Moulding/Trim Question

"Kate" wrote in message
I have white trim throughout my home. My kitchen cabinets are
called Opal Oak which is a pinkish white color. I will be replacing them
with a medium cinnamon-oak colored cabinet.

I am at a loss as to whether I should keep the trim white, or just make it
a medium oak color in the kitchen so it matches the bottoms of the
cabinets.

In a way, I think the trim (in the kitchen) will look odd being a medium
oak color because my family room is part of the kitchen area and it will
has white trim now.

Would white trim look bad if my kitchen cabinets are a medium oak color?

Any feedback if greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Kate

Most but not all of the decorators I worked with over the years thought that
trim should be one unified color throughout the home. Exceptions were made
for a man cave paneled study but otherwise they held true to that .

My personal take is do what you want.

--
Colbyt