Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default DTV question [minor]

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
On 4/4/2011 2:13 PM Ian Field spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

Does someone here *actually know* how this information is handled,
propagated, etc?

Various DVB-T faults get discussed on uk.tech.digital-tv so you could try
asking there.

You use the term "DVB-T" as if that's supposed to mean something to me.
I'd never heard this term before.

OK, so it appears to be a *prospective* worldwide DTV standards-setting
body. (Looks suspiciously like yet another Euro-standard being pushed on
us, but never mind.)

But is this even applicable to the US? Not sure, even after reading this,
with no mention of DVB-T applying to us:

http://www.dvb.org/about_dvb/dvb_worldwide/usa

In any case, I'm still looking forward to someone *here* who has at least
an inkling of how textual program information is handled *here* (the US,
where I live).

You don't seem very grateful for the attempts to help you, so I think I've
reached the limit of what I can do for you.