Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DTV question [minor]

On 4/4/2011 2:13 PM Ian Field spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

Does someone here *actually know* how this information is handled,
propagated, etc?

Various DVB-T faults get discussed on uk.tech.digital-tv so you could try
asking there.

You use the term "DVB-T" as if that's supposed to mean something to me.
I'd never heard this term before.

OK, so it appears to be a *prospective* worldwide DTV standards-setting
body. (Looks suspiciously like yet another Euro-standard being pushed on
us, but never mind.)

But is this even applicable to the US? Not sure, even after reading
this, with no mention of DVB-T applying to us:

http://www.dvb.org/about_dvb/dvb_worldwide/usa

In any case, I'm still looking forward to someone *here* who has at
least an inkling of how textual program information is handled *here*
(the US, where I live).

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang