Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Silk Screen source

CaveLamb wrote:

wrote:

I have done that Pete and it looks like the decal it is. Worse, even
the supposedly translucent film is not translucent enough to properly
glow in the dark. On your other suggestion, the silk screen kit, I
have no clue what that is, but I'll Gookle it and see if it can work.
However, this artsy fartsy stuff is not my thing. Smart people know
what they're good at and what they are not. I would prefer to give
this to an expert to do, but I have had no luck finding one.
Steve

Check around for a local sign shop, or custom T-Shirt shoppe.
Both use silk screens daily...

On a related note, a sign shop will also have a vinyl cutter and doing a
vinyl overlay with your negative lettering removed should be easy for
them and less time and cost than silk screen. You can actually buy a
consumer version of a vinyl cutter at crafts stores for ~$100 or so
which might let you DIY it in addition to adding to your shop
capabilities.